Monday, August 29, 2011

I Got to Marry My TV crush....

So as I mentioned in my last post that it's also our anniversary! 13 years! Yep, we are high school sweethearts (that's making me sound old, but we've been together for 16 yrs). We've known each other since we were 13/14, even liked each other then, but living in two different towns (even if they are only 15 minutes apart), we had no licences, no cell phones, no texting, no emails (we didn't even own a home computer) so needless to say we went our seperate ways. Ya, we would see each other at school sporting events, school dances, house parties over the years but one or both of us were dating someone else. But I always had a "crush" on him and thought he looked exactly like Zach from "Saved by the Bell". Then late in our grade 12 year, things just worked, we were both single and ended up at the right place at the right time!
AND I got to marry my TV crush......well sort of!

us, 16yrs ago, at my grad

our wedding day
P.S. As I was working on this post, my oldest walked in saw the first image and asked if the photo on the right (Mark-Paul Gosselaar aka "Zach") was Dad! Aha, it's just not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment