Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter

Happy Easter! I thought I'd share our tradition for our "egg hunts." When the kids were younger, we did the traditional hide chocolate throughout the kitchen and living room but as they've gotten older I've adapted it a bit. We've cut down on the chocolate and candy and usually buy each child a $15-$20 gift.
I start off with going around the house (or the yard depending on the weather) a few days in advance and snap really close up photos of different objects for clues. Then I print them out either on photo paper which is then mounted on different colored cardstock or just regular white cardstock. I then cut them out as a jigsaw puzzle and depending on the age of the child, that's how many pieces their puzzle clue is cut into. For example, my oldest is 12, so his puzzle is cut into 12 pcs, my youngest is 5 so hers are cut into 5 pcs) The backs of their puzzle clue, I either color code for each child or just write their initial. These puzzle pieces along with some candy are hidden throughtout the house. If they find a piece that does not have their color or initial it stays put-after they find all their pieces they put it together and try to figure out what the picture is of. Once they do that, they go to that object where they'll find their "prize".
The kids love this and have so much fun. Sometimes the puzzle clue is pretty tough-last year my oldest's clue was a hinge out in the yard, you know how many hinges you can find on a farm?! :) It keeps them going for awhile. Here's one from today....

this was the object

the close up


trying to put it together

No comments:

Post a Comment