Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween!

This year we did things a little differently around here for Halloween. Honestly it all started because I was feeling super lazy and a bit of a suck.I didn't want the hassle of costumes-making them, buying them, I didn't want to go out in the cold...so I tried to convince my kids that let's just stay home and play a few games, I'll buy some candy and that's that. Well it worked, they decided to give it a try so then it was time to get my butt in gear and find some games. And I lost myself, once I started finding games and coming up with different ideas I was afraid I was going to run out of time-perhaps that's why I shouldn't leave everything to last minute. So this is what we did...
First as soon as the kids were on the bus for school in the morning, I got to work on the decorations...


                         

the Black Halloween punch with the frozen hand was a huge hit.  
the haunted house cake was found here


My mom popped over while I was decorating and gave me a hand with our "greeter"
First game was trying to eat a donut tied on a string without touching it with your hands, they were a little too close as they were trying to use the back of each others heads to get leverage.




The next game was bowling. I taped number values on the front of pop bottles and the kids had to throw acorn squashes while being blindfolded.

Next was bobbing for apples...

Then the dart game. I found this one on Martha Stewart there were some awesome ideas on there. I used water balloons and each balloon contained a small piece of paper with points or prizes written on it that I threw in before blowing them up.






The Grand Finale....







and even mom gets a chance
This pinata lasted a long time! I was rather relieved with the time I spent doing it I was glad it didn't bust on the first hit! 
Well I think it was a hit, the kids were even starting to tell me what we should add next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment